Small steps toward sustainability...Yeah!

Well about 6 weeks ago we were lucky enough to have some solar panels installed due largely in part to our local Council initiative of a special repayment scheme for low income households. Until now I had only dreamt of solar panels and ogled other people panels with envy, abit like the colourbond roof add, for those in Australia. We are now all switched on and plugged in after a few inspections. I love the new catch cry from my girls now, "can I put the washing machine on now will it run on solar?" They have very quickly adapted to the right times for appliances to be used and oddly enough have become abit eco warrior in their attitude, hope it lasts. Will keep you posted re outcomes and hopefully savings.

Melbourne Cup weekend was also a big weekend in the garden for me as I began the planting of vegies in our rearranged beds the aim is to now keep it going all year around. I feel a steep learning curve coming on but with prices the way they are and ever increasing this is a great way to supplement the menu. I had already started some barrels and pots with lettuce, silverbeet, spinach and herbs and both my girls, who are keen cooks, have been out there scavenging for bits and pieces to cook up. They have also been requesting for additions so that should keep me busy. I must say I love it when I see them heading out the back door with a pan and saying over their shoulders "what's for dinner Mum?"

Here are some photos so far.










As you can see I also grow other things like pussy cats, this is Tuppy or Tuppence when naughty.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog